Thursday, June 4, 2015

Gluing back braces

Not a whole lot to talk about in this post.

I want to try to get this parth to match the rest of the guitar a bit. 

Perhaps a suntan? I left it in the sun for about two hours, with an alarm going off every ten minutes so that I would move it around. There was no difference, so that was a wash. 

I spent some time adjusting the dovetail on the Guild D35. 

I did some tinting on the new patch on the Cromwell. 


This is looking really good. 

Last, I glued up one back brace on the Cromwell. This is really fiddly stuff, and I decided to use Titebond, because there was no way I could get it glued and braced quickly enough for hide glue. Maybe I could if the back was off, but I'm not going there. The braces are craft sticks that I cut off to be the correct length. I think this will work nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment